OEC Group is currently searching for a motivated and personable individual to join our Customer Service Department. The desired candidate has prior experience in the Freight Forwarding industry as a Customer Service Representative or in Operations.
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. Our goals and ambition have helped us to become one of the emerging leaders in the logistics/importing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Validating and confirming all ocean/air shipment bookings.
• Managing shipments from origin to destination to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Building customer relationships and providing excellent customer service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in the Freight Forwarding industry with knowledge of the rules and regulations.
• Handle any special requests from customers.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) experience. • Send new shipment bookings to customers.
• Manage daily emails/phone calls from customers.
• Manage daily emails/phone calls from other OEC offices/departments that pertain to the respective customer representative’s customers.
• Direct customer questions/concerns to the correct department for handling and respond with an answer to the customer.
• Use daily customer service report to make sure all release requirements have been met before containers arrive at final destination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 2 years of college preferred or relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
After completing a standard 90 day probationary period the employee is granted a full benefits package. This includes: Full Health Insurance Premium (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Life, and AD&D Coverage; 401K; Vacation/Personal Days; Annual performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment; Annual bonus determined by overall performance after 1 full year of employment.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.